Roanoke Gas Company and its subsidiary, Highland Propane, serves 55,400 customers in the Roanoke Valley. Columbia and East Tennessee are the two major natural gas transmission lines serving the Valley.
In addition to the largest propane storage resources of any company in the area, Roanoke Gas:
- Operates a liquefied natural gas plant,
- Operates a propane air plant for use during peak periods, and
- Has a contract for storage reserves to meet peak demands.
Roanoke Gas offers typical firm and interruptible gas rates, as well as several innovative rates to meet the needs of industrial customers:
Roanoke Gas Company Tariffs effective January 1, 2016
- Back-up service
- Interruptible transportation service
- Industrial firm sales service
- Industrial firm transportation service